Monday, March 29, 2010

Far enough, far enough wasn't far enough.

His snores are so tiny, but keep me awake, still. My blue breasted bird, the smaller of two parakeets, mimics his sound; makes small grunting breathing sighs of his own. I look to my wall where there was a corner filled of film prints, each vibrant in their color, their own memory splendor. But they are gone, hiding face down in a closet where I won’t be tempted to look. Where I won’t be tempted to travel into the page, into the gelatin print of happiness; into the corners of mouths, upturned and opened; into the strands of hair, breezing over shoulders and across noses, reflecting every ray of summer sun in a grand shade of gold. Where I won’t be tempted to allow myself to remember what it was like to love a boy and a friend.

I sit here; “be strong,” I tell myself over and over.








No comments: